Where is Topkapi Palace?: Topkapi Palace is located on the Historical Peninsula, in the Sultanahmet neighborhood of Fatih.
What are the Opening Hours of Topkapi Palace?: Topkapi Palace is open every day except Tuesdays from 9 am to 6 pm.
How many visitors does the Topkapi Palace have per year?: About three million visitors from all over the world visit the Topkapi Palace every year.
Best Guided Tour Options for Topkapi Palace
Options for Topkapi Palace Guided Tours:
If you're looking for an authentic and hassle-free experience at Topkapi Palace, we offer different options for guided tours of the palace: a quick highlights tour of Topkapi Palace, a guided tour of Topkapi Palace and Harem with a Historian Guide, or a Topkapi Palace audio guide.
All three options offer visitors a chance to see the palace's beautiful architecture and learn about its rich history. See below important details:
1. The Topkapi Palace Ticket & Highlights Tour is great for those who want a quick introduction and see the palace's main features without spending too much time on a tour. It includes:
- Skip-the-line entry into Topkapı Palace
- 30-minute guided tour of the highlights with an English-speaking expert guide
- Topkapi Palace plan
- Audio guide app in 10 languages (English, German, French, Russian, Italian, Spanish, Polish, Arabic, Chinese, Turkish) >> Book Here
2. The Guided Tour with a Historian Guide is perfect for those who want to learn as much as possible about the palace from a passionate local guide. It includes:
- Skip-the-line entry into Topkapı Palace
- 90-minute guided tour with an English-speaking historian guide
- Admission to the Harem
- Audio guide app in 10 languages included (English, German, French, Russian, Italian, Spanish, Polish, Arabic, Chinese, Turkish) >> Book Here
3. With the self-guided audio tour "Topkapi Palace: A time journey through the Ottoman centuries", you can discover the collections and treasures of the Ottoman rule at your own pace. This audio guide app, written by a local expert guide, includes:
- A self-guided tour of Topkapi Palace & Harem
- Audio guide app available in 9 languages: English, German, Russian, Italian, Spanish, Polish, Arabic, Chinese, Turkish
- "Listen at home" mode to effectively schedule your visit in advance.
- Practical free city guide for Istanbul included in app (online map)
- Attractive Discounts on tickets and tours >> Book Here
- No matter which option you choose, visiting Topkapi Palace is sure to be a memorable experience!
Why Take a Guided Tour of Topkapi Palace?
There are many reasons to take a Topkapi Palace guided tour:
First and foremost, it's an opportunity to learn about the fascinating history of the palace and its occupants from a knowledgeable guide.
The palace is packed with history. A guided tour is the best way to make sure you don't miss any of the highlights and hidden secrets.
You'll gain a better understanding of Ottoman culture and how it influenced Turkey today.
You will get an up-close look at some of the most beautiful rooms and artifacts in the palace.
Guided tours also typically include skip-the-line access, so you won't have to waste time waiting in line to get inside.
And, of course, a guided tour means you have an experienced guide who can answer all your questions and provide insider tips on getting the most out of your visit!
Why book Guided Tours online in advance?
When it comes to booking guided tours online in advance, there are a number of reasons why this is beneficial. See here 5 reasons:
- While there are many tour providers around Topkapi Palace that offer guided tours, it is not advisable to buy them on site. Indeed, some guides will only give basic information on your tour; there is also a greater risk of encountering unofficial guides. Therefore, it is best to book tours in advance online with official tour operators.
- Another benefit of booking your tour online in advance is that you often times end up getting a better deal. Many companies offer discounts for those who book their tours ahead of time, so it definitely pays to plan ahead!
- Booking in advance also allows you to plan your trip more easily. By having your tour booked, you can better plan the rest of your itinerary around it. This can help save you time and stress while you are on vacation.
- By booking your guided tour in advance, you can be sure that you will get the tour on the day and time that you want. This is especially beneficial if you are visiting during peak season or if the tour is particularly popular.
- By booking online, you can avoid the long lines at the ticket office and enjoy a hassle-free experience.
So if you're planning a trip to Istanbul anytime soon, make sure to book your Topkapi Palace tour in advance!